We all may have learnt how to make these when we were younger! Here’s a quick reminder..
Photography from ‘the art of knitting’ a very useful resource of information!
Trace this template onto tracing paper. Transfer onto thin card. Make two of these.
- Place the two discs on top of each other and thread a large eyed needle with your chosen wool
- Start winding the thread through the centre ring and back out over card, like a loop, see picture
- Continue winding wool until you can no longer push the needle through the middle any more.
- Using sharp scissors cut around the outer edge, snipping all of the layers of wool
- Gently ease discs apart so you can see a straight section of wool between them (top image) It is important at this stage not to pull the card off completely as your pom-pom will fall apart.
- Take a small length of wool and tie it firmly around the middle of the Pom Pom pull this tight and tie a knot. It’s important you do this as tight as possible. Now you can fully remove the card template rings as your Pom Pom is now secure.
- Now card has been removed you can fluff it up into a round shape.
- Trim Pom Pom to ensure a good round shape!